Our ideation for Design 842 adopts the latest design technology and thinking to produce a new one-design guided by the following core principles:
- A fleet of One Design mono-hulls targeted at fully crewed, top level inshore fleet racing.
- A distinctive, forward-looking design that leverages the latest in grand-prix yacht design technology to remain attractive over an anticipated 6 year schedule of events.
- Designed from the outset to produce an identical fleet of one-designs built to exacting tolerances using purpose-built tooling and easy one-design controls.
- A light displacement, high stability design with a modern rig with square-topped mainsail able to achieve impressive upwind performance with dynamic planing performance downwind.
- Incorporating a custom, highly refined and optimized high stability/low drag hull shape targeted towards expected conditions and crews.
- Open cockpit deck geometry to maximize efficient handling with minimized weight, windage and pitch gyradius.
- Fully optimized, maximum-performance appendages for tight fleet racing.
- Light, robust and efficient structural design using large panels and optimized for efficient repeat production to exacting standards.
- Added boat length allowing for dedicated cockpit space to bring sponsor representatives, guests, and media into the action.
- Forward looking and adaptable for alternate racing series and offshore work with minor modification.
- Utilize construction materials/processes and careful equipment/hardware selection that are optimized to achieve best performance versus cost within a tight One Design environment.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive a detailed information package. Sign up for our email list to get the latest information about this design, other upcoming projects and news.